You can get the latest version of PWGen and all associated files from the project page at SourceForge:
- PWGen binaries and source code
- Additional languages: just extract the .lng file from the .zip file into the PWGen directory and (re-)start PWGen
- PWGen Translation Utility: this small application assists you in translating PWGen into another language; it can also be used to update an existing translation
- Word lists: find additional word lists in different languages for generating passphrases.
- Trigram files: find additional trigram files for generating phonetic (pronounceable) passwords.
- User manual [PDF, 341 KB]
To install new languages, extract .lng files from the language package to the PWGen directory.
PWGen is free software and is distributed under the GNU GPL. You are encouraged to have a look at the source code of the application.
Please read the notice for the source code; it contains important instructions concerning compilation of the program. PWGen is written in the C++ programming language with Borland C++ Builder 6.